The term “Corporate Social Responsibility” (abbr. CSR) describes the voluntary, responsible action of private companies that goes beyond the legal requirements.
By means of CSR measures companies assume social as well as ecological responsibility and their own initiative make a contribution for man, animal, environment and economy. They contribute to the welfare of the society and all its members, e. g. by supporting the animal and environmental protection, creating good working conditions, following the customers needs and boosting the economy.
For many years on a voluntary basis Riensch & Held GmbH & Co. KG has been involved in an ecologically and socially acceptable behavior for the benefit of society. We work intensively on the implementation of a sustainable company policy which integrates our social commitment in our business strategy.
In the following paragraphs you will find some of the contributions that we make to improve our social, ecological and economical environment.
- Internal Responsibility
- Environmental and animal protection
Riensch & Held GmbH & Co.KG sets value on fair and loyal personnel interaction, and sets high standards concerning working conditions as well as job safety.
What else are we doing for our employees (beyond the legal requirements)?
- Employment and health protection by means of regular safety instructions, preventive medical checkups by the company’s medical officer, as well as ergonomics and emission measurements.
- A high degree of individual responsibility and active participation in creating the work place of every single employee.
- Further education (workshops, internal training, seminars for executives etc.)
- Comfortable and modern break rooms including a coffee machine that can be used by the employees free of charge.
- Various external activities (like sports, for example, by attending the cycle race “Cyclassics”)
- Company parties
- Flexible work schedule according to flexi-time system
- Visits to exhibition
- Tax free compensation to employees for capital accumulation purposes
- “News Intern”: our internal newspaper for employees
By this means we gain a team of highly motivated and loyal colleagues.
At the present time, our employees originate from six different countries. This cultural diversity and the different mentalities, mindsets, religions and experiences provide great enrichment for our company.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND ANIMAL PROTECTION
For some time Riensch & Held GmbH & Co. KG has implemented environmental measures in all areas, e. g.:
- refillable containers in different internal logistics processes
- separate collection and disposal of domestic waste, paper/cardboard, printing ink waste, oil and lubricants, metal waste, foils, timber, electric waste and production waste
- use raw material as economically as possible
- energy saving through innovative technologies, for example replacement of energy-intensive light sources
- mill grinding of granules at injection moulding machines for further use
- insulation of cooling water lines
We transferred the monitoring of vermin to a professional, competent service provider (certified by Chamber of Industry and Commerce) to insure that this task will be carried out appropriately for the environment and nature.
To ensure sustainable use of forest resources we avow ourselves to the FSC and PEFC Standards. We bind ourselves to neither directly nor indirectly involve ourselves in:
- illegal logging or the trade in illegal wood or forest products
- violation of traditional and human rights in forestry operations
- destruction of high conservation values in forestry operations
- significant conversion of forests to plantations or non-forest use
- introduction of genetically modified organisms in forestry operations
- violation of any of the ILO Core Conventions, as defined in the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work, 1998
We manufacture technical demanding quality products for household and industry in Hamburg where the corresponding technological know-how and the production expertise is available.
The production processes of products and components at Riensch & Held GmbH & Co. KG will be achieved by considering ergonomic aspects in order to reduce the physical stress of the employee as far as possible.
Quality control takes place during production, and also by control sampling in our in-house laboratory or by external providers.
Risk assessments, noise protection measurements, regular preventive medical checkups (on a voluntary basis or prescribed) maintains the good health of our employees. Machines and facilities conform with current regulations.
Regular employee briefings concerning work protection as well as the operation of machines are compulsory for us.
Work protection equipment freely available for all employees in every area.
Close cooperation with company medical officers, with specialists for work protection, as well as with safety engineers support the aforementioned measures.
Standardized shift systems guarantee a high planning reliability.
We try to deploy the employees at different work places in our production in order to establish a diversified field of activity. Preferences and special know-how are taken into account and are used for the benefit of all.
Riensch & Held GmbH & Co. KG does not pay a bonus for piecework.
Furthermore Riensch & Held GmbH & Co. KG is working with:
- annual working time ledgers
- flexible working time systems
- free cleaning and supply of work clothes
As manufacturers we bear a social responsibility and are committed to our products.
Riensch & Held Gmbh & Co.KG are committed to making a contribution against exploitation and inhuman working conditions.
With regard to our suppliers and partners we attach importance to the observance of production and working conditions which are socially and ecologically compatible.
For a long time we have counted on a cooperation with production plants which have already introduced controlled quality standards and have organized themselves accordingly.
We focus on long-term partnerships and personal contact with suppliers and sub-suppliers. Thus we get a regular impression of the production and working conditions on-site and discuss processes as well as quality standards in detail. We require skilled, qualified personnel because of the technically demanding manufacturing processes necessary for the production of our high-quality raw materials. Child labor as well as low-wage labor is an absolute no-no for us – we are working according to BSCI standards.
We guarantee the high quality of our products through a long lasting, successful and trustful business relationship with our suppliers. A regular evaluation will be effected by annual supplier ratings.
We do not consider suppliers where the practice of price dumping or illegal price arrangements are suspected.
We, as a company, act as a service provider by offering competitive solutions to our customers.
We give top priority to the needs of customer, and believe in open communication.
We are always interested to hear opinions, proposals and the degree of satisfaction of our customers, and for more than 10 years we have made a survey of our customers that offers us a “mood barometer“ for these different topics.
The following transmittals will be evaluated and analyzed. Of course we are pleased about having very positive results; but what is especially important to us are the ideas for improvement of the participants.
Whether dealing with transparency, significance of customers, internal working atmosphere, the economy or the environment – corporate social responsibility is of utmost important to us, and it is our utmost concern to do even more for a sustainable company policy.
Our customers can be sure that they buy products from our company that are not manufactured under exploitative or anti-nature conditions.
Riensch & Held GmbH & Co. KG tries to maintain production in Germany. If we do not have sufficient internal resources at our disposal, we make efforts to gain partners nearby, if possible “social projects”. For years we have been working successfully with “Lebenshilfe-Werkstätten” as well as with a penitentiary and thus support their efforts for integration.
We intend to carry on with our social commitment – a good example for this is our annual donation to the “School of the Poor” in Kaunas / Lithuania.
We will continue acting in a responsible way – step by step!