The silicone collar is soft to the touch and is available in red or black, matching the colors of our coffee grinder. To keep your coffee warm, BLOOM ANDFLOW™ comes with a lid that replaces the funnel after brewing. Additionally, the finum® COFFEE WARMER matches the BLOOM AND FLOW™.
How to prepare a wonderful cup of coffee:
1. Choose a v-type paper cone suitablefor 2–5 cups of brew. For a perfect fit, fold the paper cone laterally and insert it into the funnel.
2. Pre-rinse the filter while inside the funnel.
3. Remove excess water after rinsing the filter.
4. Weigh out 10 g per cup (20–50 g).Ground should be coarse in size.
5. Add the ground coffee inside the filter.
6. Bloom stage: Pour a small amount of hot water over the coffee to wet the grounds, and allow around 40 seconds for them to ‘bloom’.
7. Flow stage: Pour hot water in a slow spiral motion. For up to 3 cups: Keep water level no more than 1 inch above the coffee bed until you reach 415 ml~ 415 g. For up to 5 cups: Keep water level 1 inch below the rim until you reach 710 ml ~ 710 g. If the brewing time exceeds a four minute time limit, simply remove the funnel by its handle and place the funnel in a separate cup to finish straining through. By keeping your brew time under four minutes, your coffee will remain well balanced and will avoid any bitter side tastes that may occur from over extraction.
8. Aim for a brew time of around 4 minutes. If it runs too fast, then adjust the ground coarseness finer. If it runs too slow, then make the ground more coarse.
9. Dispose the used filter by removing the funnel by the handle and place the lid inside the carafe to trap in the heat.
Enjoy a perfectly balanced coffee – the best choice for coffee Afecionados!